Sunday, September 22, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy, Breathe, Busy, Busy, Busy

Well, it has surely been far too long! And for good reason, too. The week before school I found out I would be teaching a combination class, grades 3 and 4. The good thing is, I got my students from last year back and I could not be more happy! The challenging thing is teaching two different grade levels in one room all day. I am finally getting the hang out it, but I am changing little things up to see what works best.


Other than that I have been planning like a mad woman! After a successful Roald Dahl Day on September 13th. We are about to start our Roald Dahl unit and I am working like a mad woman to get it ready! I am so excited to have different level books for my different reading groups. We will be reading The BFG, Matilda (my favorite), and Boy: Tales of Childhood. Hopefully I'll have my unit up for each very soon- if I ever find some clip art! 

I have also begun teaching my students about text structures. You can get my student mini workbook at my TpT store or by clicking the picture!


I also began teaching my students chess and we are just about done with all the pieces! They absolutely love it and it is a great behavior incentive, I have found. 


And the best part of Fall, it is football time! Both my teams are doing well! Is it too early to start singing Black and Gold to the Superbowl?! I have tailgated for two LSU games so far- a drastic improvement from last year when I only made one :(. And I went to the Kent State Game with one of my best friends from high school. Our tickets certainly did not disappoint! 


Well friends, I hope you are having a great school year! Hopefully my next post will not be as delayed!

Happy Teaching, 
Ms. Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment