Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Mardi Gras Mambo!

We have been reviewing Mean, Median, Mode and Range this week and I thought it would be the perfect project to give a little Mardi Gras Flare! Since I am from New Orleans, I have been craving a little purple, green, and gold in my classroom, so tah-dah Mardi Gras magic.

I gave each of my kids a mean and a median and told them that it was their job to come up with nine numbers that could fit that data set. They used the RUBRIC to ensure they would get all their points and I must say, though it was challenging, they all did an awesome job! Then for those early finishers, who also had the hardest numbers (go figure!), I let them add a little glitter to make it more appropriate for the season! They loved this activity, it was both challenging and fun, which is sometimes hard to do for my gifted kiddos! 



Some of the finished products! 


Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler! Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!


 The kids surely prepared Cocoa for the season! Complete with a bead dog and all! ;) 

Ms. Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment