Thursday, January 17, 2013

Down on the Bayou!


After studying cultural groups in Louisiana, I wanted to do a Literature activity with my students to bring it all together. After visiting LRCE (Louisiana Resource Center for Educators-- aka Teacher HEAVEN) and renting a bunch of Cajun stories, I finally got an idea. I decided to have my students compare and contrast traditional fairytales and the cajun stories. I created a rubric with my students and here is what we came up with. Rubric

They set an extremely high goal for themselves with 20 total items but the end result was awesome and I can not wait to display them in my room!!


Petite Rouge and Little Red Riding Hood

Jaques and the Beanstalk and Jack and the Beanstalk

The Little Red Hen and Gator Gumbo (My absolute favorite!) 

I thought they came out awesome and the kids are really excited to present tomorrow! 

Ms. Winter









No comments:

Post a Comment