Thursday, June 18, 2015

Hello Again Friends..

So summer is the time when my blogging is usually the most active, but this summer it seems I have yet to have a break! I have been quite busy, and on my days off it seems like I have no problem running errands allll day.

First, there were lots of meetings to get ready for next year. I am so excited and feel so much more prepared going into this next year. Now that I have the hang of common core, I am so excited to get more students more deeply engaged with the curriculum! I can't wait to post some of my new projects that are currently in the works-- including my Standards Based Yearly Math Homework, which I have been working on for almost a year now! I have been also revamping some of my products from the early days.


The original for this baby was in WORD, so I couldn't save hardly any of it, but I am loving the new, brighter final product!


Then, I got to meet Daisy the Reading Pig! I mean I DID go to the library as the ONLY adult without a child. But I'm a teacher so its not creepy, right?! Also, I found out some interesting about Daisy, the most shocking is that Daisy is actually a boy! And Daisy sleeps with the farmer and his wife. I am sure to some people a huge EW comes in right now, but this may be my dream!


Also, I have been busy planning and executing an amazing shower (if I do say so myself) for my cousin Katie with her other bridesmaids. When I tell you these girls are so great at planning and getting everything together, I am not just blowing smoke! We had such an awesome time and everything looked amazing. Now, if only the Louisiana heat would have subsided slightly we may not have had to have so much white sangria. 


Then there has been so much shopping! Mostly window shopping, but man I am loving Target and Home Goods being right next door to each other! This has cost me hours on summer days when what else do I have to do?!





I am also getting so excited for the Louisiana Teacher Blogger meet up next Saturday. I can't wait to meet some other Louisiana Bloggers and network within the Baton Rouge Area! I even got some new business cards to celebrate. Hopefully this will make up for the fact that I won't be going to Vegas this year :(


I hope you are all enjoying your summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment