Anyway, back to the reason I am posting, today I am linking up with Creative Lesson Cafe for Weekend Warriors: 3-2-1 Bio Linky to share a little bit about me. Some of you may already know these things, but I tried to include some new stuff about me :)
1. In first grade, I had the most amazing teacher- Ms. Kyame. When I tell you I remember her as *perfect* I am not exaggerating at all. I am sure she had bad days, but I don't remember any of them. I still remember learning about addition and subtraction fact families, listening to The Nightingale, and having student of the day for our journal time. She inspired me to want to learn, and the rest was history. I had so many other wonderful teachers along the way, but Ms. Kyame will always hold a special place in my heart!
2. I taught a 3/4 combo class for one year. I NEVER want to do it again- it was rough! I had so many times when I was overwhelmed beyond belief, but it forced me to teach in small groups. Now, I love small groups. It is so easy to see who gets it and who needs help. It gives me time to interact with students individually and get to know how they think better. I especially love small groups in science and math, so my students can touch, talk, and manipulate everything.
3. The first day is always something to look forward to for me. However on the night before the first day, I can not sleep a wink. I run through everything I need to get done and over think every minute. I am sure many of you can relate!
1. I never thought I would say this but I am my mother's daughter. I talk to strangers in stores, have regular conversations with cashiers, and do not have a shy bone in my body at trainings and workshops. I love to meet new people and share ideas. I especially enjoy meeting other teachers at random places because somehow being a teacher ALWAYS comes up!
2. Currently, I live with roommates who have a dog, however I don't have one of my own. I would totally
borrow steal their dog in a heartbeat, but my true dream is to have a pig. I don't even care if this pig is one of those little cute ones or a large pig. Hopefully, Jonathan wants this as bad as me-- because its gonna happen!
I have only been on one cruise, but I loved it! It was my senior cruise in college, so IMMA BE HONEST the location didn't matter that much, but I would love to go to Key West and the Bahamas in the future!
Well thats all about me for now, I look forward to hearing more about all of you!