Sunday, August 10, 2014

Twas the Night Before School

'Twas the night before school and all through the room
Not a teacher was resting, ready to start with a boom;
The decorations were hung in their classrooms with care,
In hopes that new students soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of lessons dance in their heads. 
And I in my bedroom with the laminator running, 
Gave life to my scissors cutting decor that was stunning. 
When from my iPhone came such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
And that's when I remember just what I had to do,
Make Jitter Juice and write lesson plans, and pack my lunch, too.
Oh the life of a teacher is never a bore,
And it's all just beginning for another year more. 
So sleep well you tired teachers and begin this year with a bash,
Because before you know it, it'll be over in a flash! 

Well, obviously friends tomorrow is the first day of school for me! My classroom is all ready {mostly} and I can not wait to meet my new students! 

Here is the view of my classroom from the back-- all ready for students to arrive!
I am so in love with our new windows!

My {empty} focus wall! I am getting there early to finish up tomorrow morning.


Here is my tweet about it door/bulletin board. I plan on using it for exit tickets. Students are going to pick a bird and place their sticky by it. 


My new conduct chart! It came with small ones for my students to keep at their desks, so they will track their own conduct, but I wanted to hang this one because it is so cute it is a reminder. Did I mention I am obsessed with our new windows?! What a difference!!


Last, but not least, here is how I spent my last weekend of summer. New Orleans Red Dress Run! We had a great time with our friends! And the best part-- all the guys got to see how frustrating it can be to find a dress, especially when you have a certain color in mind ;)



Happy teaching!!

1 comment: