Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Wow! Has it really been two months already?

Wow so much has happened since my last post! I will try to sum up the last two months more in pictures than in words.

First, there was Mardi Gras! I had a great time in New Orleans with some friends. 


Then, there was Mrs. Poole's Baby Shower! I can't wait for Cullen to get here! 


Then was one of my favorite days of all in Baton Rouge- the St. Patty's Day Parade. Then after a series of awesome weeks, as they say, when it rains it pours. I had one of the worst weeks I had in a while. One car accident, a rough week at school, and then finding out I totaled my car made for one heck of a headache. Luckily the tide turned quickly when I got a special delivery at school. 

It definitely brightened my day, but it also got my students asking a lot of questions. As most of you know, Disney makes kids have some crazy expectations about dating/marriage/etc., so when I received these flowers I has students crying because they thought I was leaving to get married. After reassuring them that I was not, I have ever since been receiving some cute/crazy cards that both my boyfriend and I have gotten a kick out of. Has this ever happened to you?


Then there was the new car. 

And last but certainly not least… 
 the LEAP test is finally over and now my students and I can finally have some fun-- that is after all the Benchmark Assessments we must finish because they held them so the students would not be too burnt out before testing. So one more week of testing, SPRING BREAK, and then some end of the school year- nomoremultiplechoice- fun! We will still be learning of course but I can't wait to get my class up and moving again!!


I thought this was too funny. Before you become a teacher, you think of all the things you will be able to teach to your students. If I made a list of all the important things my kids should have learned this year and the majority of them will not show up on any sort of assessment. Learning to be critical thinkers will certainly HELP them on the test, but it will not be tested. Oh well, fingers crossed til the results come in!

This week I finally finished my 3rd grade Easter math centers. I am still in the crunch for reading and fourth grade ELA/math. 

I am loving this Clipart from Creative Clips!!! 

I can statements for these centers (each listed on the center):  
I can identify equivalent fractions. (3.NF.A.3)
I can use the distributive property to break up large multiplication facts. (3.OA.B.5)
I can solve multistep word problems. (3.OA.D.8)
I can identify arithmetic patterns. (3..OA.D.9)
I can solve algebraic expressions. (3. OA. A.4)
I can fluently add and subtract numbers. (3.NBT.A.2)
I can solve multi-step word problems. (3.OA.D.8)
I can create a scaled graph. (3.MD.B.3) 

I hope you all have a happy and say Easter Holiday!

Happy Teaching!! 
Ms. Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment