Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summertime! :)

Well, all my summer plans of blogging and creating resources have finally come to fruition. I have been neglecting to add new resources because of summer vacations and letting myself relax, but I am back. I am getting excited about the upcoming TpT Conference! I can not wait to head off to Vegas for some teaching fun! I finally finished my business card in an attempt to prepare myself!

I was pleased to find some great Social Media Icons at Bear Bop Shop Designs! The owner was even quick to respond to my request to make a TpT icon. I could not have been more pleased. 

Since I don't have any finished new products yet, I will do a quick photo recap of the last couple months! 



We had the opportunity to participate in an East Baton Rouge Parish Chess Tournament! One of my students placed 2nd in the K-2 division and another placed 2nd in the 3-5 division. I could not be prouder of our chess growth this year and I am excited to see what happens next year! I also recently got the opportunity to participate in another Chess PD: Critical Thinking and Chess in the Classroom II. 


Before school let out we had the opportunity to go on THREE awesome field trips. First was the LA Swamp Tour. 


We has the opportunity to see Louisiana wildlife up close and personal, and I even got to… 


hold and alligator. Meet Who Dat! Then, we used our math and science skills to take a technical look at  bowling. 


Finally, we explored Louisiana Government with a trip to the State Capitol. 


For our end of the year party, we did Literature related crafts. Yarn dolls to represent Esperanza Rising and soap carving like Michelangelo from From the Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. 


Then it was time for SUUUMMMMMEEERRRR!! The long awaited time for most teachers. I have already spent two weekends at the beach and a wonderful weekend in Boston! 
We experienced the Freedom Trail- a historic trail through the city, 



tried Clam Chowder for the first time, 


and attended our first Red Sox game-- which was a rainy event!! 


It was an amazing weekend and I hope we get to go back someday!

Hopefully my next post will have more to do with teaching, as I am getting to work! 

Happy Summer ,
Ms. Winter














No comments:

Post a Comment