Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hello, Old Friends!!

Well certainly a lot has happened since I last blogged!

My classroom has been very busy with iLeap preparations and we are well into our new book! We had some student teachers come and help us learn new things and they were all awesome! And the most shocking and unexpected thing was that I broke my arm-- right in the middle of class!

So, for that reason, I have not been able to type very well and I have been very busy making sure my kiddos are taken care of! Thank goodness I had an awesome sub and student teachers to help out! I am hoping to return to school this week and I can not wait to get back!

While I have been going stir crazy, I have finished my unit on our book From The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Once I get back, we will be about half way through the book and I plan on watching the movie and having a sculpting day, since the book is about Michelangelo, after state testing!



Here are some pictures of my new unit, that you can get at my TpT Store!
\
 

I hope you and your students enjoy this book as much as we are! We absolutely love the characters and the story is so amazing. It also helps students realize that everyone is striving to be different but to be different, we don't have to change ourselves, we are different than others because of the little things! 

Happy Teaching, 
Ms. Winter

No comments:

Post a Comment